Thursday, November 22, 2012

One Word: Freedom

I consider myself a normal guy. I have three daughters and a great wife of 29 years. I live in the greatest country ever known. How can I say that in a climate such as we have today in America? One word: freedom. The Declaration Of Independence says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

I happen to believe that every American is included in that guarantee. We seem to be going through a period of time in America in which people feel that those rights spelled out in the Declaration Of Independence are not for them. The move toward socialism among many in our country is an effort to somehow guarantee that everyone be provided for. The problem is that you give up freedom in order for socialism to work. I use the term "work" loosely there, because socialism has never worked. There is not a country on the face of the earth that has tried socialism that looks back with gratitude at those who were wise enough to take away individual freedoms and limit the pursuit of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" among its residents. That is why America is unique. It is the one place on earth where there are no limits other than the laws of the land and the morals and ethics instilled in us by family and faith.

I believe that every American should enjoy the privelege of living in a country such as this. People are still coming from around the world to live here. America has always been the great melting pot of the world. Why? One word: freedom. Freedom has made this country great, and will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment